The Cooking Tips: How To Cook Frozen French Fries In An Air Fryer?
In recent times, homemakers are sharing many recipes from oil-free fryers, including French fries. So what’s so special about how to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer? How to practice? Join us to find out!
Why should fries be made in an oil-free fryer?
French fries are a favorite food of many people, especially young children. Compared to the traditional way of making french fries with butter and grease, making the fries with the oil-free fryer is much more preferred thanks to the advantages such as:
Potato chips are delicious, not greasy, and good for health: The oil-free fryer can maintain a stable temperature, evenly distributing heat to each piece of potato, so after frying, the potato will cook evenly, yes beautiful yellow color, not burnt.
Also, because you do not use butter or grease, you will not feel bored or afraid of being overweight, obese, increasing bad cholesterol when eating french fries in an oil-free fryer.
The recipe is simple: Eating french fries is delicious, but cooking french fries with grease and butter is never easy because you always have to watch over the stove and stir the potatoes continuously so that they do not burn.
That is not to mention if you are not careful, you can also be shot on the body grease by grease. But the oil-free fryer is different. All you need to do is place the pre-cooked ingredients in an oil-free fryer, then choose the right mode, and that’s it. Any difficulties you may encounter when frying potatoes with butter, grease will be solved.
Easy to clean: Because the fryer does not use grease, it does not burn the potatoes when frying, so cleaning the oil-free fryer is much easier.
Instructions on how to make fries using an oil-free fryer
As we have shared, the way to make fries with an oil-free fryer is very simple. Just follow the instructions below to make sure you get the same delicious fries out there:
- Potatoes: The amount of potatoes to prepare depends on your family’s needs. When buying potatoes, choose those that are heavy-handed, have a glossy, even yellow color. We should not use green or sprouted potatoes because they contain toxins that are harmful to health.
- Sauce: (depending on taste).
- Potatoes bought to bring peeled, washed, then cut into pieces 3 – 5cm long, about 1cm thick.
- Soak potatoes in saltwater for about 30 minutes, then remove and drain.
- After the potatoes are dry, put them in the refrigerator for about 15 to 20 minutes. Putting the potatoes in the refrigerator compartment will help make the potato crunchy when you cook it.
How to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer?
- Put the pre-processed potatoes in the oil-free fryer, evenly spread. Note: Do not fry too many potatoes simultaneously because it can affect the pot’s performance, making the potatoes ripen for a long time or not reach the desired crispness.
Use an Oil-Free Fryer
- Warm-up an oil-free fryer by starting, turning on low heat first. This way helps the pot warm up gradually, without the sudden increase in temperature. But note that warm the pot a little, then add the potatoes, and do not let the pot overheat for a long time.
- Place the pre-cooked potatoes in a saucepan, only a few drops of cooking oil will help the potato dry. Note that just for a moderate amount of potatoes, not too full, spread the potatoes evenly over the pot. Depending on the processing capacity of each pot, you should usually add about 0.5 kg of potatoes. For larger capacity oil-free fryers, about 4-5 L, you can add 0.8 – 1.4 kg of potatoes.
- Depending on the amount of potatoes, the frying time will vary. If you give about 0.5 kg of potato, fry at 180 degrees C, you wait about 10-15 minutes.
- There is no need to stand the soup during the frying process, but sometimes for 5-7 minutes, you should open the pot and stir the potatoes evenly. At the same time, monitoring and estimating the time the potato will ripen.
- When the potatoes are finally golden and crispy, just put them on a plate to enjoy with your favorite sauce.
- After the frying pan is finished, you stir the potatoes well and then continue to fry the second time at 180 degrees Celsius for 12 minutes.
- After 2 frying, the fries are very crispy, with a beautiful yellow color. At this point, you just have to put the potatoes on a plate and enjoy with chili sauce or a sauce of your choice.
Clean the Oil-Free Fryer
- After you have successfully prepared the french fries, you will need to clean your cooking utensils and pot. This will help the vacuum fryer extend its life and use it more enduringly.
- The cleaning is simple because the pot’s parts are disassembled. What’s more, being able to wash it in a dishwasher is also very convenient. This part, after washing, is to dry and then reassemble. Use a towel to clean the outside of the pot.
Tips for making the french fries more delicious and crispy
- Using the oil-free fryer isn’t complicated; just follow the brand’s instructions. Pay attention to the functions on the monitor screen and know how to adjust and timer in a reasonable time.
- About the reasonable frying time, the potato depends on the weight and capacity of the pot. It is difficult to determine specifically. As we said above, to process 0.5kg of potatoes, in about 10-15 minutes will ripen. However, you need to practice and observe the ripening time of the food, then estimate and calculate more appropriately for the next time.
- In addition, if you want to eat crisper, tastier potatoes, you can divide them to cook in 2 times. First-time fry to a moderate extent. Then let it cool, then fry 2 times again to ripen. Timer 1 about 5-7, then two times fry about 7-10 minutes.
- During the cooking process, you may not be able to add any cooking oil. This will make the potato drier and resemble a baked potato.
Conclusion about how to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer
Above is a summary of how to cook frozen french fries in an air fryer. By doing this, you will have a delicious, crunchy, oil-free fryer. With this recipe, you can freely eat your favorite food without being afraid of grease affecting your health. Don’t forget to visit our website regularly to share more delicious recipes!
Read more below Reviews to choose your best air fryer: