5 Common Errors On Air Fryers You Should Know
The air fryer and the benefits of processing and helping to limit grease when cooking are more widely used. The following article will show 5 common errors on air fryers and how to fix them, let’s find out!
Some common errors on air fryers
The air fryer is not working
During use, there are a few reasons why the air fryer will not work, here are the reasons:
- Due to impact or breakage: When the air fryer falls and becomes damaged, it may damage the pan. Therefore, it is advisable to place the pot in places where few people can limit the impact as much as possible, and it can cause damage and burn while the pot is operating.
- Due to too long operation: The electrical circuits inside the fryer are very susceptible to damage from overheating if you leave the pot running (Power on) regularly. Always keep in the habit of turning off the fryer after you have finished preparing food.
- Timer not set: The fryer is an automatic cooking device, so you must turn the timer knob until the required cooking time to turn it on. You should test the fryer before it works.
- The appliance is unplugged or plugged in is loose: Sometimes, the fryer’s simple reason doesn’t work is that you haven’t plugged it in. Please check that the plug is not tight, so you should plug the pot into an electrical outlet with grounding.
- Cook high-fat ingredients: When you fry high-fat foods in an air fryer, much oil flows into the saucepan. Oil produces white smoke, and the pot will probably get hotter than usual.
When you find the fryer has smoke, stop cooking and use a paper towel to soak up the oil at the bottom of the pan, emptying the excess grease off the pan. After that, you can continue cooking.
- The pan still contains greasy residue from the last use: In the previous use, you did not clean or sanitize it thoroughly, causing grease to remain inside the pot and the bottom of the pot. When cooking, the temperature heats up, giving off white smoke.
In this case, stop cooking and remove any leftover food from the pan. The pan, basket, and burner should be cleaned after each use. Using paper towels to wipe through 1 turn before washing helps the washing process quickly while ensuring cleanliness.
- Light materials are sucked into the burner: Light, volatile materials (such as slices of bread, slices of vegetables or fruit, thinly sliced potatoes) can be thrown out of the frying basket, entangled in the inner burner air fryer.
You need to make sure all the food is removed from the burner after the appliance has cooled down. To avoid creating smoke while cooking light, volatile ingredients, you can use the lid on ingredients.
The food in the pot is not cooked evenly
Many causes can lead to unevenness in the main air fryer, which can be mentioned as follows:
- The amount of food in the frying basket is too much: When you put too much food in the frying basket in one frying session, your food is not cooked evenly, causing the dish to lose its taste. So remove or give enough food to give the pot room to cook and cook food quickly.
- Improper temperature or cooking time setting: When the food is cooked, it will not be cooked evenly; it will not taste good if there is not enough time and temperature, so adjusting both of these factors is extremely important to whether the dish is delicious or not.
You need to increase the temperature and add the appropriate cooking time to the dish. You should adjust to each food according to the instructions on the pot control panel.
- Foods that must not be removed are shaken or turned to another surface: Some foods cooked in an air fryer must be turned to another surface, such as whole large fish, thick-sliced meat to cook even and deliciously.
To cook fish more evenly, during processing you need to press the pause button (the pot has the touch panel) or adjust the temperature to the lowest level of the pot to take the food out to perform the shaking process. or turn and then continue to fry.
The air fryer does not receive electricity
One of the most likely is that the air fryer is not electrifying, which prevents the pot from turning on and shows no signs of activation.
At these times, you should check that your power supply is stable and providing good power. Next, you also need to check if the plug of the air fryer is plugged in properly and it’s not damaged.
Some other bugs
In addition to some of the above errors, air fryer users still encounter the following errors: The air fryer is not hot, the fryer still lights on but cannot cook the food, the temperature cannot be adjusted when the pot is active dynamic, and a few other minor problems.
You should turn off the pot with such errors to check if there is a problem causing the pot to damage and restart the pot if you do not find anything. If the problem is not fixed, bring the fryer to a reputable repair in time.
In case of errors related to electronics that the fryer is still under warranty, you can contact the warranty unit directly for support.
Some wrong usage can cause errors
Do not preheat the pot
Because the fryer temperature rises so quickly, many people will not think about the preheating stage first when using it. The air fryer manufacturers also do not share or recommend that we preheat the fryer before adding the food.
However, from their cooking experiences, the housewives have gathered some experiences, including preheating the pot. Not all dishes need to preheat the pot first, but for some dishes that need stable heat, it is really necessary to warm up the fryer for about 7-10 minutes before. The fryers preheating helps the dish be more delicious and the standard to fry, not soft like steaming or stewing.
Place the fryer in a place with insufficient space
This is a problem with small kitchens. Normally, when not in use, you can put the pot in small drawers and drawers. However, when frying food in a pot, you must not place the pot in such a small space.
The air fryer works by convection air, so it needs a large open space to operate in the best state for the best, most beautiful product.
For this reason, when cooking, you should place the fryer in a well-ventilated place; the distance between the sides of the pot to the nearest obstacle is about 13-15cm. While in use, the surface of the fryer should not be too hot, reducing the adverse effects on the pot. If not in use, you can store the pot in a small drawer.
Put too much food in the pot
Many users think that the air fryer cage is quite small, so they often put a lot of food in the pot, saving electricity and saving cooking time. As a result, foods often have to be stacked or pressed together in pot space, causing the finished dish to be a serious disappointment.
Food stacked often tends to cook unevenly, not yellow on all sides, nor crunchy as expected. Instead, you should split into batches to cook. The air fryer is inherently shorter than the traditional frying method, so splitting into batches doesn’t really take up too much time. The air in the pot is ventilated for the food to taste.
In the Philips air fryer versions, the fryer inside the pot always has the maximum amount of food allowed in the fryer. When cooking, do not exceed this limit.
Using too little (or too much) cooking oil
The air fryer helps the food stay the same as the frying without the use of oil. However, not every dish can be perfect without cooking oil.
Foods that don’t have self-fat (like potatoes) or frozen foods often need the right amount of oil to add to the fryer for the perfect fryer. Try adding 1/2 teaspoon of cooking oil to your own fat-free dishes. For frozen dishes, use a small amount of oil (with an oil spray) to make the food crunchy without getting sick.
Cut vegetables too small
The air fryer is equipped with a fryer with expansion holes for airflow to move around the food. Allow airflow around the food. If you cut vegetables too small or put many small spices like garlic onions in a fryer, the pot will appear smoke due to burnt food when these foods fall to the bottom. So, you need to rely on the size (diameter) of the holes in the mesh tray or grill to cut flavors, foods with the right size.
Do not wash the air fryer often
Regular cleaning of the air fryer makes it more durable. However, you should let the fryer cool completely before cleaning to protect the non-stick layer of the pot.
Every month, you should do deep cleaning (the Mayso line above the fryer) to ensure the heat in the pan is always stable. When too much oil is attached, the mayo line will affect the quality of the hot air in the pot and make the fryer easily damaged.
Tips for sustainable and safe use of the air fryer
The air fryer is designed for use at ambient temperatures between 5ºC and 40ºC.
Always unplug the machine after use.
Let the appliance cool down for about 30 minutes before handling or cleaning it.
To ensure that the ingredients processed with this appliance turn yellow instead of black or brown. Get rid of any scorched food scraps. Do not bake fresh potatoes at temperatures above 180 ° C (to minimize acrylic amine production).
After you have removed the pot with the basket from the appliance, place the pot with the basket on a suitable surface and let it cool for at least 30 seconds before removing the basket from the pan.
Do not use the machine for any purpose other than food preparation and only use original accessories.
First, to clean the pot, unplug it from the power outlet, let the appliance cool down, and wipe the outside of the appliance with a damp cloth.
Then wash pots and baskets with hot water, dishwashing liquid, and a non-corrosive sponge. You can use a degreaser to wash away the remaining dirt.
Above is the article showing 5 common errors on air fryers and how to fix them. Hopefully from the above information, you will use the air fryer more effectively and properly!