Big Boss Air Fryer Review: Is It Worth your money?
Owning an air fryer helps you to prepare crispy fried foods that are delicious but still good for health. Whereas conventional cooking methods cannot do this. Thanks to the above advantages, consumers’ demand for buying and using air fryers is increasing day by day. This has resulted in countless different pot models appearing on the market today. While most products are often quite similar to each other, there are a few that stand out like the Big Boss Air Fryer. So what makes this device make an impression in the eyes of people? Our article below about Big Boss air fryer review will help you find the most suitable answer.
Big Boss Air Fryer Review in 2021
Product size and weight
Products from our Big Boss brand have a capacity of up to 16qt, larger than most other pots. This means that the device possesses the ability to handle a large amount of material at once without causing difficulties for the user.
We did a number of tests with different ingredients to check the pot’s actual performance. And as expected, the Big Boss Air Fryer holds up to 4 unsliced potatoes or a whole chicken with all its parts.
Surely a pot that can hold such a large amount of food cannot be compact. With dimensions of 16 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches, we will need a relatively large space to place and store the product. In addition, the device’s 14.74 pounds weight is also quite heavy and difficult to move around.
Main construction materials
The main component material is the first difference of Big Boss Air Fryer compared to other fryer products. Instead of plastic or metal, the manufacturer uses thick glass in the production process of the lid and body, two extremely important parts of a pot. The use of this material helps to keep the heat inside the seat from being quickly lost to the outside environment. Thereby helping the frying process achieve higher efficiency as well as save a significant amount of energy.
Besides, glass is also durable and lasts much longer than synthetic plastic products. In another aspect, this material is not as expensive as metal and also helps us to eliminate the unpleasant burning metal smell on food.
However, keeping the heat for a long time also causes the machine to overheat even during processing or during shutdown. If we accidentally touch it, the risk of burns is very high. So you need to pay attention to the problem to keep it safe during use.
Another advantage of using glass is that it allows the user to see all the changes of the food inside. This contributes an important part to the quality of the food, because machines, no matter how modern, sometimes work wrong. In such cases, human senses will ensure the most perfect food quality.
It is certain that the cooking ability of the Big Boss Air Fryer must be extremely powerful to handle a large amount of ingredients the size of a chicken. And indeed, what the product offers them in this respect can completely satisfy even the most demanding users.
The designers have equipped the pot model with a heat engine with a capacity of 1300W to suit many different needs. Perhaps when you read this far, you will wonder why the product does not use a more powerful motor up to 1500 or 1700W like in other models. There are many possible explanations for this question, but they all lead to only two conclusions. One of them is to help users easily control and match a wider range of ingredients. It also reduces the power required to operate the machine.
In addition to the motor, the product also has a 360-degree air convection system that allows hot air to move more efficiently through the food surface. Thereby increasing the processing speed many times while still ensuring your food has a crispy outside but soft and succulent inside. This is not only impressive to us, but also has special meaning to those who love chicken wings or fries. Because both of these foods have the same difficult requirements for crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Protect user health
Similar to many other fryer products, Big Boss Air Fryer possesses the ability to minimize the amount of oil required during the cooking process to the maximum. Not using too much oil will keep your body healthier as well as prevent dangerous diseases. We are sure that you will not want to see let alone enjoy a dish that is too greasy.
Another detail that is also very noticeable if you really care about your health is the inner lining of the pot. Usually, other fryer products will have a non-stick coating to prevent food from sticking to the wall of the pot. But did you know that it is the substances in this non-stick part that will poison the body if not handled properly. But on our device there is no such liner. This may affect the ability to clean a bit, but wait until the section talks about this to get the most suitable look.
Functions and controls
No one wants to use a product with tons of different buttons no matter how powerful or functional. Grasping this mentality of customers, the Big Boss brand quickly applied a minimalist design to the control system on the device.
The device has 2 knobs available to control all product operations. Where one button will let you the temperature between 180℉ and 400℉ and the other is to adjust the timer up to 60 minutes. In addition, on either side of the control area, there is a table of instructions to adjust the time and temperature for your reference.
With this product we will be able to do cooking processes including air fry, grill, bake, roast and grill. But unfortunately, you have to manually install all of them through the 2 knobs mentioned above. This can be said to be one of the most unfortunate shortcomings of Big Boss Air Fryer. The absence of automatic cooking cycles will cause many difficulties for users, especially those who are new to using the fryer for the first time.
It would be a huge omission if we do not mention the quality accessories that the manufacturer has generously included with the product.
The first is the pair of high and low racks that allow us to process up to two dishes at the same time with just a single machine. An equally important tool is the metal Ring that helps increase the size of the pot. We will use this accessory when we need to handle too large or too many materials. And finally, the Mesh Basket is used when frying potatoes, because the small grooves on this basket allow heat to pass through much more efficiently. Thereby limiting the burning of too sensitive foods.
With a total of 4 different accessories to support, our cooking process will now become a lot simpler. In addition, you do not need to spend too much money to buy tools from third parties anymore.
Is it easy to clean?
Think back to how hard it was to use all your might to scrub away those nasty stains after the cooking process. Once we have experienced this terrible nightmare, we know the importance of hygiene on an air fryer. But with Big Boss Air Fryer, users do not need to worry about this problem. Because good hygiene is one of the factors that the product design and manufacturing team is always proud of.
Right from the main material that makes up the device, it has an amazing resistance to stains and is easy to clean. Using without a non-stick coating, we can still clean the residue left after food processing in the simplest way. All you need is soap, water and a sponge. If you do not want to wash it manually, you can completely use the dishwasher.
The sectional design also contributes greatly to the easy cleaning of the Big Boss Air Fryer. Now you can forget about complicated assembly stages with dozens of different steps because with this model everything is encapsulated in one action.
Safety features and warranty
As a product made of materials with high heat retention, to ensure the safety of people Big Boss Air Fryer has provided us with a number of very remarkable safety features.
In the top cover is available a non-thermal plastic handle that will assist you when you want to disassemble this part. Not stopping there, the manufacturer also provides a food tong after completing the processing process. The combination of these two parts allows us to minimize the need for too close contact with hot surfaces.
The inside of our air fryer model is also equipped with a high-quality automatic shut-off and overheating protection system. However, this does not mean that you are allowed to be negligent when using the machine.
In addition, with a 2-year warranty, we won’t have to worry too much about having to find replacement parts when something goes wrong.
After reading the above information, you can guess how much our fryer will cost. We do not know your answer, but it is certain that the price from 65 to full $ 77 of this product will surprise many people. A device that possesses so many impressive things for such an affordable price is a rare thing.
Common mistakes when using the Big Boss air fryer
1. Do not leave the pot in a crowded area
You have a habit of placing the fryer everywhere and often hit the area where many people sit, such as the dining table. This is quite dangerous that not everyone knows. It is possible that someone will accidentally touch this product causing it to fall and be damaged, or even hit while the fryer is operating, leading to unpredictable accidents.
2. Do not leave the pot in the “on” mode all the time.
The cables inside the fryer are easily damaged if the appliance is always in power on mode. This is a very common mistake among housewives. Sometimes they have to do one job after another, so they don’t pay much attention to having to turn off the fryer after using it.
Bad effects will not occur to the core wires on the socket side, but the internal components will certainly be affected. Moreover, if the electricity situation in your place is unstable, the impact will be higher.
3. Only turn on the fryer when it’s ready
Like frying with a pan, users often have the habit of letting the temperature in the air fryer heat up and then put the food in to start the frying process.
This is a pretty common mistake that you need to avoid right now. Air fryer is a household appliance that does not need to be preheated, because the temperature of the fryer is easy to burn the user. Therefore, put all the food to be processed in the pot and then press the button to start the frying process.
4. Be careful with the fryer modes
With any product that has pre-programmed modes, you only need to choose, the more you have to pay attention. Consider and choose the most accurate mode before choosing to start the product, this will largely determine the quality of the food.
5. Put things logically
You should make sure the food you put in is properly arranged. This has a lot of benefits. Because the food will be cooked better and the heat is also evenly distributed throughout the fryer, in addition, the life of the fryer will not be affected.
6. Don’t do experiments
Housewives often have a habit of creating new dishes, new cooking methods, combining many foods together, this is not really okay when you use an air fryer.
Remember, if you want to experiment with making two foods at once with the fryer, the foods need to be at a similar temperature.
7. Don’t take matters lightly
Usually, we take these cooking problems lightly. For example, if the stop button of the fryer doesn’t work, most people don’t bother to fix it. They do it simply by pulling down the door of the fryer when the food inside is cooked, or simply unplugging it.
But this is not the wisest way as it will damage the fryer from the inside. If the warranty period is still valid, bring the pot for service immediately. If it’s out of warranty, make sure you take care of the problem as soon as possible.
How to use the Big Boss air fryer properly?
If you want your air fryer to work effectively while avoiding damage, especially delicious food, you need to know how to use the air fryer properly according to the following steps:
- Step 1: Place the pot on a firm flat place and out of reach of children. Plug the plug into a grounded electrical outlet.
- Step 2: Put the food in the fryer’s tray.
- Step 3: Preheat the pot by turning the timer knob to adjust for about 3 minutes and wait until the heating indicator light goes off before adding the ingredients.
- Step 4: Adjust the time using the electronic board or timer knob (depending on the product model) to suit the volume of food and your cooking needs.
- Step 5: When the pot has finished frying, don’t rush to open the lid right away, but leave it for another 3-5 minutes for the heat to cool down, then open the lid.
Note when using an air fryer
- Do not add ingredients to the basket beyond the maximum (MAX) or exceed the amount of ingredients to avoid undercooked food.
- To shake the ingredients, pull the pot out of the appliance by the handle and shake the pot. Then insert the slide back into the appliance. Take care not to press the basket release button while shaking.
- Adjust the cooking temperature and time for each food separately to ensure that the food is just cooked, delicious and nutritious.
- After cooking, you should wait for a while for the heat to cool down before taking out the frying pan. Then you can continue frying, frying the next batch.
- In addition, if the food is cooked before the set time, you can completely turn off the pot manually by adjusting the timer knob to zero.
The working mechanism of an air fryer
Air fryers take advantage of the heat of the air to cook food, so it is completely different from steamers, ovens, and microwave ovens. The mayso wire is the device responsible for generating heat in the pot, combined with a cooling fan to help circulate the temperature along the surface of the food, helping the food to cook evenly.
True to the name of this type of pot, its main feature is that it uses very little or no oil when frying.
Advantages of an air fryer
- More convenient, faster: a 3- to 5-liter pot can fry from 800g to 1kg of food in 15 to 20 minutes, which is very convenient for today’s busy societies.
- Savings: with no food and automatic features, the air fryer saves a lot of money and effort for women.
- Safe for health and hygiene around: using an air fryer will reduce a large amount of oil for dishes, making us have healthy dishes. In addition, frying food will no longer cause oil to stretch out causing unsanitary conditions like traditional frying.
What is the difference between mechanical and electronic air fryers?
According to the operating mechanism, the air fryer is divided into 2 types, which are: mechanical air fryer and electronic air fryer.
The basic difference between these two types is the way to control the pot, the air fryer uses a knob to control, and the electronic air fryer uses the sensor mode to control.
Fryer without oil
- Simple to use, suitable for the elderly who are not familiar with technology
- Cheap price, suitable for young couples or do not want to invest much in a fryer
- The design is not as beautiful as an electronic pot
- The knob is easy to slip and must be cleaned regularly after use
Electronic air fryer
- Bringing elegance, helping the kitchen design more beautiful
- Get more advanced features
- The price is quite high and often broken
Should I buy a mechanical or electronic air fryer?
According to the above analysis, the mechanical and electronic air fryers are not much different in terms of functionality, but they are only different in the experience.
If the family already has quite a few pots for frying, it is not advisable to invest too much in an electronic air fryer to reduce a lot of costs.
If your family does not have a frying device and wants to experience high-tech products, then an electronic air fryer will be right for you.
So we have completed the task when helping you refer to all the details on Big Boss Air Fryer. Hopefully, after reading the article, you will have a better overview of the product from which to make the most appropriate choice
- Top 6 Best Emeril Air Fryer Reviews 2021: Tips & Buying Guide
- Top 8 Best Power Air Fryer XL Reviews in 2021
- Top 8 Best Stainless Steel Air Fryer Reviews in 2021
- [Top 8] The Best Ceramic Air Fryer Reviews in 2021
- [Top 6] The Best Cosori Air Fryer Toaster Oven Reviews 2021
- [Top 8] Best Air Fryer Dehydrator Reviews 2021: Tips & Guides
- Top 10 Best Air Fryer With Rotisserie Reviews in 2021
- Top 8 Best Air Fryer With Racks Review 2021
- Top 8 Best Air Fryer With Racks Review 2021
- Top 10 Best Commercial Air Fryer Reviews 2021
- Top 10 Best Air Fryer For Large Family Reviews in 2021
- Top 10 Best Large Capacity Air Fryer Reviews in 2021
- How To Cook Frozen French Fries In An Air Fryer? 2021 Guide
- Top 11 Best Air Fryer Under 100 To Purchase In 2021
- How Do You Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets In Air Fryer?
- How To Make An Air Fryer Hot Pocket? 5 Steps For Crispness
- Why is Air Fryer Smoking? Troubleshooting Guide & Tips
- How To Cook Frozen French Fries In An Air Fryer? 2021 Guide